World Breastfeeding Week Event Volunteer
Volunteer Position: World Breastfeeding Week in Canada event Volunteer
Location: Main site, 900 Merivale Road; and variable
Team: Parent-child Team
Days: Week days with a daily task
Time: Up to three hours per week; more hours during event October 3-5, 2017
Minimum commitment: Three months
Volunteer will report to: Family Support Community Worker
Description of Program: The World Breastfeeding Week in Canada event Volunteer supports the prenatal breastfeeding program and the Baby-Friendly Initiative committee by supporting the organization of our event on October 3-5, where families from our catchment area will be welcomed to come and get free breastfeeding-friendly bras and clothing items.
Description of Volunteer Role:
- Prepares client packages for distribution to participants.
- Organizes, sorts, and maintains donated breastfeeding clothing items
- Clean and assess donated items
- Is available during our event October 3-5, 2017
- Completed BFI Health Nexus online training (one hour)
- Caring, patient, open-minded, and non-judgmental
- Experience with administrative tasks, excellent organizational skills, able to work independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to speak English fluently. Ability to speak French is an asset.
- Punctual, reliable, and dependable.
- Sensitive to multicultural issues and to issues facing low-income families.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Genuine interest in helping families with their breastfeeding goals
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to obtain an appropriate Police Records Check.
Created August 2017