Community Kitchen Maintenance Support
Volunteer Position: Community Kitchen Maintenance Support
Time: 2 hours, time depends on room availability
Minimum commitment: 3 months
Location: 900 Merivale Road (Main site)
Team: Corporate Services
Volunteer will report to: Site Superintendent
Description of Volunteer Role:
- Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of the community kitchen.
- Do a weekly inspection of the kitchen for health and safety issues and report them to the site superintendent
- Return items that do not below in the community kitchen to the staff kitchen and return items that should be in the community kitchen to the cupboards and drawers.
- Inspect the refrigerator for non-labeled items and discard them.
- Document the temperature of the refrigerator.
- Wash and put away any dishes left in the sink and on counters.
- Clean inside of the microwaves and oven, wash the stovetop and counters, wash the bottom of the refrigerator.
- Once a year: conducts an inventory of all items in the kitchen and submits list to site supervisor.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Punctual, reliable, and dependable.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to obtain an appropriate Criminal Reference Check.