Garden Tower volunteer
Volunteer Position: Garden Tower Lead
Location: Carlington CHC (900 Merivale Road)
Team: Health Promotion and Counselling Team
Volunteer will report to: Health Promoter
Goal of the program: To increase awareness of home gardening and food systems.
Description of Volunteer Role:
- Provide ongoing maintenance of Garden Tower;
- Maintaining Garden Tower inventory and ordering supplies;
- Support other program volunteers to harvest garden tower plants;
- Provide educational workshops to other Carlington CHC program participant on how to use a Garden Tower (planting, harvesting, maintaining);
- Support donation of Garden Tower produce to programs, community, and food bank.
- Experience and interest in growing produce;
- Awareness of issues related to low-income families; sensitive to multicultural issues;
- Experience and interest in working with children and seniors;
- Fluency in English required, other languages considered an asset;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to obtain an appropriate Police Records Check.
Updated November 2017