Volunteer Position: Playgroup Volunteer
Days: Wednesdays & Fridays
Time: 8:30 am to 12 noon
Minimum commitment: Three (3) months
Location: Boys & Girls Club, 1463 Prince of Wales
Volunteer will report to: Anisa Bakar
Description of Volunteer Role:
- Assist with the physical set up of room and any activities.
- Promote reading among participants.
- Prepare snacks and clean up after preparation.
- Assist with cleaning and putting away items after the sessions, including toys, dishes, floors, surfaces.
- Promote safety during the playgroup.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment
- Demonstrated genuine interest in children and children’s activities
- Good communication skills, ability to speak in English (other languages, such as Somali, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, an asset)
- Caring, patient, non-judgmental, and understanding of children and children’s needs
- Punctual, reliable, and dependable.
- Sensitive to multicultural issues
- Sensitive to issues facing low-income population.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to obtain an appropriate Police Records Check.
Updated May 2016