Temporary Health Promoter – Full time, temporary position
Temporary Health Promoter 1 –
35 hours per week December 17, 2018 to mid-July 2020
Leave replacement position
Under the direction of the Health Promotion and Counseling Team Program Director, and as a member of the Health Promotion and Counseling Team, the Health Promoter 1 is responsible for working within the frameworks of community development and health promotion to work with individuals and families to assist and/or support action on community issues and. is responsible for the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of programs that assist seniors in our catchment area. The programs and activities are developed on a centre-wide basis, using a collaborative model among all Carlington teams. This work is undertaken with a Population Health Framework that embodies the determinants of health.
As a non-profit organization, we are accountable to our community for providing quality care. For this reason, we can only consider applicants who clearly describe how their education, skills, and experience match each of the position requirements listed above in a separate 2 – 3 page attachment submitted with a résumé and cover letter.
- Graduate degree from a recognized university in a relevant discipline or equivalent combination of undergraduate degree and significant experience in health promotion and/or community development .
- Three to five years full-time community health promotion experience in a community setting.
- Experience with chronic disease prevention and management and specific knowledge of the Carlington service area are assets.
- Experience in health promotion strategies including community development; experience writing proposals; strong presentation skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with group dynamics and group facilitation approaches.
- Experience in in program development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation for programs of a multi-disciplinary nature, including experience with statistical analysis (quantitative and qualitative).
- Strong critical analysis, problem-solving, planning, decision-making, leadership, organizational, and change management skills.
- Ability to mobilize people at the grassroots; strong networking skills.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of community resources.
- Demonstrated commitment to community-based health care and social services, and strength-based philosophy and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to promote and model teamwork; demonstrated ability to model “client centred” service delivery.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications, including Microsoft Office programs, client database software, and electronic record keeping in a client-service setting.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends if required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, in English.
- Advanced French Language skills are preferred. A third language relevant to our client population is an asset
Salary: $30.10 – $35.41 per hour + benefits
Send the three required documents (cover letter, resume, and required attachment described above) by 12:45 pm on Monday, November 19, 2018 to: Human Resources Manager, Carlington Community Health Centre, 900 Merivale Rd. Ottawa, ON K1Z 5Z8; fax: 613-761-1805; email firstname.lastname@example.org . Quote job reference “HP1 HP-02 ” in subject header or subject line.
Interviews will be held the week of November 26, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest and regret that we can only contact those to be invited for an interview.
If at any stage in the selection process you require an accommodation, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
Carlington Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.