Human Resources Coordinator
Human Resources Coordinator
Regular Full-time Position, 35 hours per week
Starting January 2019
As a member of the Corporate Services Team and reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, the Human Resources (HR) Coordinator is responsible for the efficient functioning and operations of the HR activities of Carlington Community Health Centre.
- Successful completion of a university degree in Human Resources Management. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Designation as a Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) or Professional (CHRP) is an asset.
- Three to five years full-time human resources coordination experience, preferably in a non-profit health or human services
- Knowledge of and experience with leading practices in human resource management skills and techniques.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and experience in group facilitation and training.
- Strong critical analysis, problem-solving, organizational, planning, decision-making, leadership, organizational, and change management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in office administrative practices and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of general management principles; including financial management.
- Knowledge of pertinent provincial legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary team environment and to promote and model teamwork and “client-centred” service delivery.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate programs using an inter-disciplinary collaborative approach.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of various software applications, including Microsoft Office programs, the Internet, HRIS/HRMS software, and spreadsheets and databases.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, in English. Fluency in French is an asset.
- Availability to work extended hours of operations in locations identified by Carlington Community Health Centre, as required.
- Ability to lift equipment up to 25 lbs.
Salary: under review. Position includes regular benefits
As a non-profit organization, we are accountable to our community for providing quality care. For this reason, we can only consider applicants who clearly describe how their education, skills, and experience match each of the position requirements listed above in a separate 2 – 3 page attachment submitted with a résumé and cover letter. Send these materials to: Human Resources Manager, Carlington Community Health Centre, 900 Merivale Rd. Ottawa, ON K1Z 5Z8; fax: 613-761-1805; email firstname.lastname@example.org Quote job reference “HRC CS-43W” in subject header or subject line. Deadline: Friday, January 4, 2019 by 12:45 p.m.
We thank all applicants but regret that we can only contact those invited for an interview.
Please contact the Director of Corporate Services to discuss any accommodation needs during the selection process.
Carlington Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.