Family Physician (Bilingual preferred) Regular Part-Time
Family Physician (Bilingual preferred)
Regular part-time position
0.6 FTE, 21 hours per week
Starting April 2018
Practising as an employee at Carlington Community Health Centre in our salaried model provides longer appointment times and lower patient volumes than many other primary care settings. We have a group of friendly and supportive physicians who work closely with a multidisciplinary medical team of nurse practitioners, RNs, RPNs, chiropodists, dietitians, seniors’ outreach workers, and medical secretaries. Patients are also supported by cross-team work with counselors, social workers, and other health and social services professionals. We offer an opportunity to work specified hours and practice in a manner that treats the whole person in the context of their individual circumstances.
We are looking for practitioners with the following qualifications:
- Medical degree and family medicine residency from a recognized university; CCFP designation; licensed to practice in Ontario and in good standing as of April 1, 2018
- Interest and experience in working:
- in community health settings
- with nurses in an expanded role
- as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- with disadvantaged groups
- with multicultural populations
- with seriously mentally ill populations
- Strong interpersonal skills and sound judgement; good communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and relevant software applications; experience with electronic medical records an asset.
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation an asset.
- Available to work a minimum of one evening per week.
- Fluency in English and French (advanced level) is required. Fluency in a third language relevant to our client population is an asset.
Carlington CHC provides a range of benefits to its employees, including
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- 2 weeks paid education leave
- 12 paid holidays (10 designated and 2 floating)
- Paid sick and family responsibility leave
- Health, dental, LTD, life, and ADD insurance coverage
- Membership in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Some flexibility in working hours
- No overhead costs or management challenges associated with private practice
Please submit a resume and a cover letter describing why you are interested in working at Carlington and how you fit the qualifications above by 12:45 on Wednesday, March 28, 2018 to “Family Physician Position, MD PHC-17,” Diane Kampen, Human Resources Manager, CCHC, 900 Merivale Rd., Ottawa, Ont. K1Z 5Z8; fax (613) 761-1805, email email@example.com
If at any stage in the selection process you require an accommodation, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
Carlington Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.