Data Management Coordinator
Data Management Coordinator
Regular Part-time Position, 28 hours per week
Starting May 2018
The Data Management Coordinator (DMC) provides data support and data management functions, including report generation. The DMC leads ongoing collaborative processes to assist management with data analysis to support management decisions, evaluate programs and services, and inform future planning.
As a non-profit organization, we are accountable to our community for providing quality care. For this reason, we can only consider applicants who clearly describe how their education, skills, and experience match each of the position requirements listed below in a separate 2 – 3 page attachment submitted with a résumé and cover letter
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline and database certification. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Three to five years full-time experience in working with data and providing data analysis support and coordination, preferably in a health setting; experience in data quality management.
- Experience generating statistics and providing statistical reports, analysis, and recommendations based on the data and findings to management.
- Experience in the use of computers and various database programs including Access/SQL.
- Thorough understanding of Electronic Health Records, their required data elements, and the business rules to support them.
- Strong problem-solving, troubleshooting and time management skills; experience providing documentation for information systems.
- Experience as a computer trainer, including assessing training needs and developing plans to address them at a range of skill levels.
- Experience with Nightingale on Demand (NOD) and Practice Solutions EMRs an asset.
- Knowledge of PHIPA and privacy issues related to medical information and databases an asset.
- Experience in a non-profit, community-based organization; experience with and and interest in working in a diverse, multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary team environment.
- High level of organizational and time management skills in a fast-paced environment; demonstrated ability to prioritize, to be flexible, and to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, and customer-relations skills, in English. This position is not designated under our French Language Services policy.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in general office procedures and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to promote and model teamwork; positive and co-operative attitude to work within a team setting to ensure an effective and efficient working environment; demonstrated ability to model “client centred” service delivery.
- Sensitivity to the needs of marginalized and diverse clientele; commitment to health promotion concepts, strategies, and philosophy; commitment to community-based health care and social services, and strength-based philosophy and practices.
- Advanced-level proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications, including advanced-level computing skills in Microsoft Office programs and database software.
- Requires availability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Salary: $31.63 – $37.21 per hour + regular benefits
Send application materials (cover letter, resume, and attachment described above) to: Human Resources Manager, Carlington Community Health Centre, 900 Merivale Rd. Ottawa, ON K1Z 5Z8; fax: 613-761-1805; email email@example.com Quote job reference “DMC PHC-18W” in subject header or subject line. Deadline: Wednesday, May 2, 2018 by 12:45 p.m.
Please note that we will review applications and may call qualified candidates before the due date.
Please contact the Human Resources Manager to discuss any accommodation needs during the selection process.
Carlington Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.