Counsellor – Intake (Relief Position)
Counsellor – Intake
Starting: May 2019
Under the direction of the Counseling Team Director and as a member of the Health Promotion and Counseling Team, the Counsellor – Intake provides crisis intervention, case management, outreach, information, support, and advocacy, referral, and supportive counselling to clients of Carlington and participates in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and services for individuals, families and the community.
As a non-profit organization, we are accountable to our community for providing quality care. For this reason, we can only consider applicants who clearly describe how their education, skills, and experience match each of the position requirements listed below.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in a relevant discipline or equivalent combination of some post-secondary education and experience in counselling.
- Three to five years full-time experience in providing community-based mental health and counselling services including crisis intervention, group work, referral, and advocacy. Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in current assessment and intervention techniques.
- Experience and interest in working with marginalized and diverse clientele, such as low-income, high-needs, newcomer, and a variety of multicultural communities in a non-profit, community-based organization.
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of community resources, relevant city service-provider networks, community-based health care, and income-maintenance legislation and services, as well as issues affecting women and people affected by mental illness. Knowledge of the Carlington client-service area an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with a harm reduction approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written; excellent time management and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a crisis situation.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications, including Microsoft Office programs, client database software, and electronic record keeping in a client services setting.
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Under Carlington’s designation to provide French Language Services, this position requires the following proficiency in the French language:
- French Oral Expression: Advanced;
- French Oral Comprehension: Superior;
- French Reading: Intermediate;
- French Writing: Advanced
Salary: $26.06 – 30.66 per hour + 4% vacation
If you are interested to apply, please forward application materials (cover letter, resume) to Brittany Bourdon, Human Resources Coordinator at Carlington Community Health Centre. Applications can be submitted by email to HR@carlington.ochc.org
Please quote job reference “CT-45” in subject header or subject line. The deadline to submit your application is Wednesday, April 17, 2019 by 8:00am.
Carlington Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.
Please contact the Human Resources Coordinator to discuss any accommodation needs during the selection process.
We thank all applicants but regret that we can only contact those invited for an interview.