Bilingual Medical Receptionist
Bilingual Medical Receptionist
Regular full-time (35 hrs/wk) position
Including minimally one evening per week)
Starting early November
Under the direction of the PHC Team Program Director and Clinical Coordinator, and as a member of the Primary Health Care (PHC) Team, the Medical Receptionist (MR) provides medical reception support to clients and visitors, and clerical support services to the staff of the PHC Team. The MR is an integral member of the team, facilitating client access to services in a professional and courteous manner which promotes the Centre’s client-centred approach to service delivery. The MR may operate and maintain appointment, chart management, and third party billing systems.
|As a non-profit organization, we are accountable to our community for providing quality care. For this reason, we can only consider applicants who clearly demonstrate how their education, skills, and experience match each of the qualifications listed below in a separate 2 – 3 page attachment submitted with a résumé and cover letter.|
- Medical Secretary diploma / certificate or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Three to five years full-time clerical and reception experience in a health setting, preferably a community health centre.
- Extensive experience with administration support to health professionals in a busy environment, e.g., maintaining medical files, working reception equipment, scheduling appointments.
- Experience working with a multicultural population, special needs groups, and high risk populations (mental health issues, newcomers, marginalized groups, low income).
- Experience using a multi-line telephone system, excellent telephone communication skills.
- Experience and interest in working with multidisciplinary teams.
- Computer skills: Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications. Experience working in a computerized Windows environment using Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience, skill, and interest in using computerized patient appointment and record keeping systems, NOD experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and group communication skills in English.
- Excellent oral and written and communication skills in English.
- High level of organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to work minimally one evening per week.
- This position is designated under Carlington’s designation to provide French Language Services as follows:
- French Oral Expression: Advanced+
- French Oral Comprehension: Advanced+
- French Reading: Advanced
- French Writing: Advanced
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in a third language relevant to our client population is an asset.
Salary: $18.99 – $22.88 an hour + full benefits
Send application materials described above (cover letter, resumé, required attachment) quoting reference “MR PHC-13” by 3:45 p.m. by Wednesday, October 19, 2016 to Diane Kampen, Human Resources Manager, CCHC, 900 Merivale Rd. Ottawa, Ont. K1Z 5Z8; fax (613) 761-1805; email email@example.com (MS Word .doc or PDF format, name and reference # in subject line)
Applications will be reviewed as we receive them and we may begin to contact candidates of interest before the due date. We thank all applicants but regret that we can only contact those invited for an interview.
If at any stage in the selection process you require an accommodation, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
Carlington Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.