Bilingual Casual Main Receptionist
The casual Main Receptionist provides reception support to clients and visitors at our main reception desk, and clerical support services to the selected staff and programs by facilitating client access to services in a professional and courteous manner which promotes the Centre’s client-centred approach to service delivery.
As a non-profit organization, we are accountable to our community for providing quality care. For this reason, we can only consider applicants who clearly describe how their skills and experience match the above qualifications in a separate 2 – 3 page attachment submitted with a résumé and cover letter (point form acceptable).
- Secretary Certificate / Diploma or equivalent relevant work experience in a community health or social services setting required. Medical Secretary Certificate an asset.
- Three to five years full-time clerical and reception experience in a busy health or community services setting.
- Experience with administration support to health or community services professionals, e.g., maintaining client files, using reception equipment, booking appointments.
- Experience in a non-profit, community-based organization
- Excellent telephone communication skills using a multi-line telephone system.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, and customer-relations skills.
- High level of organizational and time management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to promote and model teamwork; positive and co-operative attitude to work within a team setting.
- Demonstrated ability to model “client centred” service delivery.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications, including Microsoft Office programs, client database software, and electronic record keeping in a client-service setting.
- This position is designated under Carlington’s French Language Services Plan:
- French Oral Expression: Advanced +
- French Oral Comprehension: Advanced +
- French Reading: Advanced +
- A third language relevant to our client population is an asset
- Rotational evening shifts
Salary: $18.99 – $22.88 per hour + 4% vacation pay
Send application materials described above (cover letter, resumé, and attachment) quoting reference “RR CS-39W” by 12:30 p.m. by Thursday, May 18, 2017 to Human Resources Manager, CCHC, 900 Merivale Rd. Ottawa, Ont. K1Z 5Z8; fax (613) 761-1805; email email@example.com (MS Word .doc or PDF format, name and reference # in subject line)
If at any stage in the selection process you require an accommodation, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
Carlington Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.