Well Baby Drop In Assistant
Well Baby Drop-In Assistant
Location: Carlington Community Health Centre, 900 Merivale
Time: 12:15 to 3:15 pm
Commitment: Three months or more.
Description of Volunteer Role:
• Assist with the physical set up of room: set up chairs in clusters, put up screens for privacy, put scale on counter, organize sign-in clipboard, blank charts, pens, signage outside Teddy’s room on easel.
• Meet and greet families as they enter the program.
• Interact and visit with clients as needed, particularly when the client is waiting for the lactation consultant.
• Organize registration forms and records of assessment as outlined in the written instructions provided.
• Periodically, review the binder that holds client charts and remove client files with last date entry older than 3 months and give to LC as instructed.
• Assist with cleaning of returned pumps as directed and record pump returns in main binder on pump loan sheets.
• Must be able to work independently as well as part of team
• Genuine interest in helping new mothers and dads
• Good communication skills, ability to speak in English (other languages, an asset)
• Caring, patient and understanding.
• Punctual, non-judgmental
• Sensitive to multicultural issues
• Sensitive to issues facing low-income population.
• Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
• Ability to obtain an appropriate Police Records Check.
For more information about this position, and to receive the application materials, please contact the Coordinator of Volunteers at 613-722-4000 or email@example.com