Peer Support Volunteer
Volunteer Position: Peer Support Volunteer
Location: 900 Merivale Road (Main site)
Team: ACT (Assertive Community Treatment) Team
Time: 2 hours weekly/flexible
Minimum commitment: Three months
Volunteer will report to: ACTT Counsellor
Description of Volunteer Role:
- Promote healthy activity and positive social interaction
- Establish a rapport with an individual living with mental health issues (as a one-to-one volunteer, or with a volunteer partner)
- Encourage independence
- Help to encourage participants toward optimal physical health and decrease social isolation
- Establish activity plan/social schedule with client
- Openness to working with individuals who are living with mental health issues.
- Punctual, reliable, and dependable.
- Ability to set firm boundaries around time, personal contact, and money
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to obtain an appropriate Police Reference Check.