Parent-child Team Administrative Support
Location: Main site, 900 Merivale Road
Days: One day per week
Time: Flexible (coordinated with the team Administrative Assistant)
Minimum commitment: Three months
Volunteer will report to: Team Administrative Assistant (AA)
Description of Volunteer Role:
- Provide administrative assistance to the team.
- Contact families about appointments and reminders, e.g., bus cancellations, etc.
- Duties may include: working with excel templates, creating program and survey evaluation summaries, organizing files and program materials, pamphlet folding, organizing staff directories, cutting materials for programs, etc.
- Assist staff with other duties upon request.
- Ability to work in a challenging and high-energy environment with a team
- Experience with administrative tasks, excellent organizational skills, able to work independently
- Ability to use scissors to cut items for playgroups.
- Good communication skills, ability to speak in English (other languages, such as Somali, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, an asset)
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Publisher, Word, and ability to quickly learn new software.
- Punctual, reliable, and dependable.
- Caring, patient, non-judgmental, and understanding
- Sensitive to multicultural issues and to issues facing low-income population.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to obtain an appropriate Police Records Check.
To volunteer with us, please contact the Coordinator of Volunteers:
- Phone: 613-722-4000