Nordic Walking Volunteer
Location: Golden Manor, 445 Richmond Road
Team: Health Promotion and Counselling Team
Time: 9:30 -10:30 a.m.
Commitment: 17 May – 22 August
Volunteer will report to: Andrea Reid, Health Promoter
Goal of the program:
Carlington offers free Nordic Walking for seniors and we need volunteers to help make it happen! This is a great chance for a volunteer to do Nordic walking and to help other seniors enjoy the experience. We are looking for a volunteer or team of volunteers to lead the group on a pre-planned route and help ensure the group’s safety
Description of Volunteer Role:
• Help ensure safety by walking with seniors.
• Provide support to seniors by offering encouragement.
• Visit with seniors during the walk.
• Hand out Nordic walking equipment and retrieve it at the end of the session.
• Alert staff member to participants’ needs.
• Patient, friendly and encouraging.
• Awareness of seniors’ needs.
• Able and willing to walk 0.5 – 3 kilometers each week as part of the program.
• First aid training would be an asset.
• Punctual, reliable, and dependable; able to attend weekly.
• Sensitive to multicultural issues and to issues facing low-income population.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Fluency in English required.
• Ability to obtain an appropriate Police Records Check.
• Comfortable shoes
To volunteer with us, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator