French Playgroup Volunteer
Volunteer Position: French Playgroup Volunteer
Location: Bellevue Community Centre, 1475 Caldwell Ave.
Time: 9 am to 12 pm
Minimum commitment: Three to six months
Volunteer will report to: Maria Cuburu
Description of Volunteer Role:
• Assist with the physical set up of room and any activities.
• Promote reading among participants.
• Prepare snacks and clean up after preparation.
• Assist with cleaning and putting away items after the sessions, including toys, dishes, floors, surfaces.
• Promote safety during the playgroup.
• Ability to work in a challenging environment
• Demonstrated genuine interest in children and children’s activities
• Good communication skills, ability to speak in French and English (other languages, such as Somali, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, an asset)
• Caring, patient, non-judgmental, and understanding of children and children’s needs
• Punctual, reliable, and dependable.
• Sensitive to multicultural issues
• Sensitive to issues facing low-income population.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to obtain an appropriate Police Records Check.
To volunteer with us, please contact the Coordinator of Volunteers