Community Kitchen Support
Volunteer Position: Community Kitchen Support Location: Van Lang Field House, 29 Van Lang Private
Team: Health Promotion and Counselling Team
Days: Last Monday of the Month
Time: 9:30am to 1:00pm
Volunteer will report to: Health Promoter
Goal of the program:
The community kitchen aims to provide a safe and welcoming environment where community members can come together and share a meal.
Description of Volunteer Role:
- Provide cleaning support, including washing and putting away dishes, wiping surfaces, setting up and taking down tables and chairs, sweeping floors;
- Support community kitchen volunteers maintain a safe and healthy food preparation area;
- Adhere to Carlington CHC’s code of conduct.
- Food Handler’s Certificate considered an asset;
- Experience working with vulnerable populations;
- Awareness of issues related to low-income families;
- Sensitive to multicultural issues;
- Reliable and dependable;
- Friendly and patient;
- Fluency in English required, other languages considered an asset;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to obtain an appropriate Police Records Check.