Baby Cupboard Organizer
Location: Main site, 900 Merivale Road, Ottawa
Team: Health Promotion and Counselling
Days and Time: Mondays, 1 – 3 pm
Commitment: Three months or more.
Description of Program:
The Baby Cupboard/Emergency Food Cupboard serves low-income families in need. Supplies are distributed by Parent-Child Team Staff, Intake Workers, and other workers as needed.
Description of Volunteer Role:
- Bundle diapers and pull-ups in groups of 12 and organize in bins according to size and gender
- Check expiry dates on all food and discard expired food.
- Help unpack food bank order and put items on shelves according to shelf labels
- Tidy baby cupboard storage room.
- May help with administrative tasks, such as photocopying, preparing information packages, etc.
- Assist staff with other duties upon request.
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds (14 kilograms)
- Able to bend and move objects onto shelves
- Experience with administrative tasks, excellent organizational skills, able to work independently
- Good communication skills, ability to speak in English to read and understand labels and expiry dates
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Punctual, reliable, and dependable; able to attend weekly.
- Sensitive to multicultural issues and to issues facing low-income population.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to obtain an appropriate Police Records Check.
For more information about this position, and to receive the application materials, please contact the Coordinator of Volunteers at 613-722-4000 or email@example.com