Parent-Child Administrative support
Volunteer Position: Parent-child Administrative Support
Location: Main site, 900 Merivale Road
Days and Time: One day per week, flexible (coordinated with the team Administrative Assistant)
Commitment: Three months or more.
Description of Volunteer Role:
• Provide administrative assistance to the team.
• Contact families about appointments and reminders, e.g., bus cancellations, etc.
• Duties may include: working with excel templates, creating program and survey evaluation summaries, organizing files and program materials, pamphlet folding, organizing staff directories, cutting materials for programs, etc.
• Assist staff with other duties upon request.
• Ability to work in a challenging and high-energy environment with a team
• Experience with administrative tasks, excellent organizational skills, able to work independently
• Ability to use scissors to cut items for playgroups.
• Good communication skills, ability to speak in English (other languages, such as Somali, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, an asset)
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Publisher, *Word, and ability to quickly learn new software.
• Punctual, non-judgmental
• Sensitive to multicultural issues
• Sensitive to issues facing low-income population.
• Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
• Ability to obtain an appropriate Police Records Check.
For more information about this position, and to receive the application materials, please contact the Coordinator of Volunteers at 613-722-4000 or firstname.lastname@example.org