Volunteer and Communications Coordinator
Bilingual Volunteer and Communications Coordinator
Regular full-time position (35 hrs/wk)
Starting November 2015
Under the direction of the Director of Corporate Services, and as a member of the Corporate Services Team, the Volunteer and Communications Coordinator (VCC) is responsible for the overall effectiveness of volunteer services at Carlington by coordinating all aspects of the volunteer program and identifying community/client needs and volunteer resources. The role collaborates with the Director to achieve coordination of messaging and brand consistency, as well as coordinating organization-wide design, messaging, and content, including electronic and print communications.
As a non-profit organization, we are accountable to our community for providing quality care. For this reason, we can only consider applicants who clearly describe how their skills and experience match the above qualifications in a separate 2 – 3 page attachment submitted with a résumé and cover letter (point form acceptable).
• Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in a relevant discipline or equivalent combination of some post-secondary education and relevant work experience.
• Diploma or Certificate in Volunteer Management, or equivalent experience coordinating volunteers in a non-profit, community-based setting.
• Additional training in computer software applications relevant to corporate communications (e.g., web site maintenance, presentation software, social media, etc.).
• Three to five years full-time experience in all aspects of supervision of volunteers, group leadership, and working with volunteers in a social services, outreach, or health care environment.
• Thorough knowledge of and experience in a wide range of volunteer and / or human resource management areas such as recruitment, selection, training, and development.
• Experience liaising with community groups and associations; specific knowledge of the Carlington service area an asset.
• Three to five years full-time experience providing administrative communication support.
• Experience providing translation from English into French.
• Experience developing online and print newsletters, print ads, and other forms of online and print corporate communications.
• Experience and interest in working with marginalized and diverse clientele, such as low-income, high-needs, newcomer, and a variety of multicultural communities.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, and customer-relations skills.
• High level of organizational and time management skills in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to promote and model teamwork; positive and co-operative attitude to work within a team setting.
• Demonstrated ability to model “client centred” service delivery.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications, including Microsoft Office programs and database software.
• This position is designated under Carlington’s French Language Services Plan:
o French Oral Expression: Advanced +
o French Oral Comprehension: Advanced +
o French Reading: Advanced +
o French Writing: Superior
• A third language relevant to our client population is an asset
• Availability to work evenings and weekends if required
Salary: $24.76 – $29.73 per hour + full benefits
Send application materials described above (cover letter, resumé, and required attachment) quoting reference “VCC CS-34” by 3:45 p.m. by Wednesday, October 7, 2015 to Human Resources Manager, CCHC, 900 Merivale Rd. Ottawa, Ont. K1Z 5Z8; fax (613) 761-1805; email firstname.lastname@example.org (MS Word .doc or PDF format, name and reference # in subject line)
If at any stage in the selection process you require an accommodation, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
Carlington Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.