Temporary Health Promoter 1
Mat leave replacement position
Temporary Health Promoter 1
17.5 hours per week late February to April 2016,
35 hours per week May 2016 to May 6, 2017
Potential for increase to weekly hours in March and April
Under the direction of the Health Promotion and Counseling Team Program Director, and as a member of the Health Promotion and Counseling Team, the Health Promoter 1 is responsible for working within the frameworks of community development and health promotion to work with individuals and families to assist and/or support action on community issues and. is responsible for the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of programs in our catchment area. The programs and activities are developed on a centre-wide basis, using a collaborative model among all Carlington teams. This work is undertaken with a Population Health Framework that embodies the determinants of health.
As a non-profit organization, we are accountable to our community for providing quality care. For this reason, we can only consider applicants who clearly describe how their education, skills, and experience match each of the position requirements listed below in a separate 2 – 3 page attachment submitted with a résumé and cover letter.
- Graduate degree from a recognized university in a relevant discipline or equivalent combination of undergraduate degree and significant experience in health promotion and/or community development .
- Three to five years full-time community health promotion experience in a community setting.
- Experience liaising with community groups and associations; specific knowledge of the CCHC service area an asset; thorough knowledge and understanding of community resources.
- Experience in health promotion strategies including community development; experience writing proposals; strong presentation skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with group dynamics and group facilitation approaches.
- Experience in in program development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation for programs of a multi-disciplinary nature, including experience with statistical analysis (quantitative and qualitative).
- Strong critical analysis, problem-solving, planning, decision-making, leadership, organizational, and change management skills.
- Ability to mobilize people at the grassroots; strong networking skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to community-based health care and social services, and strength-based philosophy and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, in English.
- Demonstrated ability to promote and model teamwork; demonstrated ability to model “client centred” service delivery.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications, including Microsoft Office programs, client database software, and electronic record keeping in a client-service setting.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends if required.
- This position is designated under Carlington’s French Language Services Plan:
- French Oral Expression: Advanced +
- French Oral Comprehension: Advanced +
- French Reading: Advanced +
- French Writing: Advanced +
- A third language relevant to our client population is an asset
Salary: $28.17 – $33.14 per hour + 4% vacation pay
Send the three required documents (cover letter, resume, and attachment described above) by 3:45 pm Monday, February 8, 2016 to: Human Resources Manager, Carlington Community Health Centre, 900 Merivale Rd. Ottawa, ON K1Z 5Z8; fax: 613-761-1805; email email@example.com Quote job reference “HP1CDML HPCT-46w ” in subject header or subject line.
If at any stage in the selection process you require an accommodation, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
Carlington Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.