Nursery School Program Worker (Casual employment)
Nursery School Program Worker — Casual employment
Under the general direction of the Early Childhood Education Coordinator, the Nursery School Program Worker (NSPW) works as a member of the Headstart Nursery School team to improve the life situations of high-risk children and their parents, and provides program support to ensure the smooth functioning of the school. The NSPW assists Nursery School staff to provide a safe, caring, and developmentally appropriate environment for children ages zero (0) to five (5) years of age within the requirements of the Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA) and has the ability to supervise children in a manner consistent with the goals and philosophy of the program and the community health centre.
As a non-profit organization, we are accountable to our community for providing quality care. For this reason, we can only consider applicants who clearly describe how their education, skills, and experience match each of the qualifications listed below in a separate 2 – 3 page attachment submitted with a résumé and cover letter.
- Secondary School diploma required.
- Early Childhood Education or related post-secondary education in progress an asset
- Three years’ experience working in Early Childhood settings with children ages zero to six years
- Cross-cultural awareness and experience working with culturally diverse populations essential
- Experience in a non-profit, community-based organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of child development and behaviour management.
- Understanding of issues relevant to working with low-income (multi-risks) parents/caregivers.
- Knowledge of Child Care and Early Years Act (CCEYA) an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in English essential, fluency in one or more other languages pertinent to our client population an asset
- CPR and First Aid required
Salary range: $16.91 – $18.56 + 4% vacation pay
Send required application materials (cover letter, resumé, and attachment) quoting reference “NSPW PC-53W”. Deadline for applications is 12 noon on Thursday, Feb 8, 2018. Address applications to the Human Resources Manager. Email firstname.lastname@example.org (in MS Word or PDF format, with name and reference # in the subject header). Mail or drop off: Carlington CHC, 900 Merivale Rd. Ottawa, ON K1Z 5Z8.
If at any stage in the selection process you require an accommodation, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
Carlington Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.