Maintenance Support Worker (casual)
Casual Hours – Maintenance Support Worker
The Maintenance Support Worker assists the site superintendent with general maintenance and repair for the building and grounds, and works on related special projects.
As a non-profit organization, we are accountable to our community for providing quality care. For this reason, we can only consider applicants who clearly describe how their education, skills, and experience match each of the position requirements listed above in a separate 2 – 3 page attachment submitted with a résumé and cover letter.
- Completion of secondary school education or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience.
- Three to five years full-time relevant general maintenance experience, preferably in a busy health and community services setting.
- Experience in a non-profit, community-based organization
- Experience with and an interest in working in a diverse, multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Ability to move, lift, and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in general office procedures and practices.
- High level of organizational and time management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, to be flexible and adapt to changing situations, and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to promote and model teamwork; positive and co-operative attitude to work within a team setting.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications, including Microsoft Office programs and database programs.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in French or another language relevant to our client population is an asset.
Hourly rate: $16.43-$19.39 + 4% vacation pay
Send applications(cover letter, resume, and attachment described above) to: Human Resources Manager, Carlington Community Health Centre, 900 Merivale Rd. Ottawa, ON K1Z 5Z8; fax: 613-761-1805; email email@example.com Quote job reference “MSW CS-42” in subject header or subject line. Deadline: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 by 12:45 p.m.
We would like to thank all applicants but regret that we can only respond to those to be invited for an interview.
If at any stage in the selection process you require an accommodation, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
Carlington Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.