Human Resources Manager (regular part-time)
Human Resources Manager
Regular Part-time Position, 28 hours per week
Starting early to mid-August 2018
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team and reporting to the Executive Director, the Human Resources (HR) Manager manages, coordinates, and supervises the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of all aspects of the Human Resources function. These functions include employee recruitment, selection, and orientation, HR policies, job evaluation, benefits, maintenance of HR files and the HR Information System (HRIS), legal compliance, performance management, quality assurance, Strategic HR, professional development and training, and accessibility.
As a non-profit organization, we are accountable to our community for providing quality care. For this reason, we can only consider applicants who clearly describe how their education, skills, and experience match each of the position requirements listed below in a separate 2 – 3 page attachment submitted with a résumé and cover letter.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience; Designation as a Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) required.
- Three to five years full-time human resources management experience in all areas of HR, preferably in a non-profit health services setting; demonstrated experience implementing leading practices in Strategic Human Resource Management.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and experience in group facilitation and training.
- Strong critical analysis, problem-solving, organizational, planning, decision-making, leadership, organizational, and change management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, in English.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary team environment and to promote and model teamwork and “client-centred” service delivery.
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally through demonstrated confidentiality and initiative.
- Ability to develop, implement, monitor, and evaluate programs using an inter-disciplinary collaborative approach.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of various software applications, including Microsoft Office programs, the Internet, HRIS/HRMS software, and spreadsheets and databases.
- This position is designated under Carlington’s French Language Services Plan:
- French Oral Expression: Advanced +
- French Oral Comprehension: Advanced +
- French Reading: Advanced +
- A third language relevant to our client population is an asset.
- Sensitivity to the needs of marginalized and diverse clientele; commitment to health promotion concepts, strategies, and philosophy; commitment to community-based health care and social services, and strength-based philosophy and practices.
- Requires availability to work occasional overtime, evenings, and weekends.
Salary: $41.09 – $48.35 per hour + regular benefits
Send required application materials (cover letter, resume, and attachment described above) to: Human Resources Manager, Carlington Community Health Centre, 900 Merivale Rd. Ottawa, ON K1Z 5Z8; fax: 613-761-1805; email firstname.lastname@example.org Quote job reference “HRM CS-41W” in subject header or subject line. Deadline: Tuesday, July 3, 2018 by 12:45 p.m.
We hope to invite qualified candidates to personal interviews during the week of July 9, 2018.
We thank all applicants but regret that we can only contact those invited for an interview.
Please contact the Human Resources Manager to discuss any accommodation needs during the selection process.
Carlington Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.