Bilingual Registered Practical Nurse (part-time)
Bilingual Registered Practical Nurse
Part-time (21 hours per week)
Start Date: June 2019
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) assists in the delivery of primary care services, community outreach, and education, within the scope of practice mandated by the College of Nurses of Ontario. The RPN works collaboratively in an inter-professional team to support health promotion, disease prevention, and chronic disease management initiatives, using a Health Links approach. The RPN also participates in the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of programs and services for individuals, families, and the community to meet program goals and objectives.
As a non-profit organization, we are accountable to our community for providing quality care. For this reason, we can only consider applicants who clearly describe how their education, skills, and experience match each of the position requirements listed below in a résumé and cover letter.
- Registered Practical Nursing diploma from a recognized college.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Three to five years full-time nursing experience in a family-practice setting or combination of community, hospital, or public health settings; experience in a community-based, non-profit primary care setting, an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of and proficiency in current, evidence-based methods of nursing physical assessment practices and treatment methods, with an emphasis on health promotion and harm reduction.
- Current with Ontario immunization guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to model “client-centred” service delivery.
- Desire and ability to update knowledge and skills.
- Experience with and sensitivity to the needs of marginalized and diverse clientele, such as low-income, high-needs, newcomer, and multicultural communities.
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation using an interdisciplinary collaborative approach.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, in English.
- Demonstrated ability to promote and model teamwork; positive and co-operative attitude to work within a team setting to ensure an effective and efficient working environment.
- High level of organizational and time management skills in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrated ability to prioritize, to be flexible, and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity and comfort working with an electronic medical record (EMR); previous work with Practice Solutions an asset.
- Demonstrated proficiency in attentive and accurate charting and documentation.
- Commitment to community-based health care and social services, and strength-based philosophy and practices; thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant community resources.
- This position is designated under Carlington’s French Language Services Plan:
- French Oral Expression: Advanced
- French Oral Comprehension: Advanced
- French Reading: Advanced
- A third language relevant to our client population is an asset.
Requires availability to work regularly scheduled evening shifts (12 – 8pm), and occasional weekends.
Salary: $23.36 to $27.48 per hour + regular benefits
If you are interested to apply, please forward application materials (cover letter, resume) to Brittany Bourdon, Human Resources Coordinator at Carlington Community Health Centre, 900 Merivale Rd. Ottawa, ON K1Z 5Z8. Applications can be submitted by fax: 613-761-1805 or by email: email@example.com
Please quote job reference “RPN PHC-45” in subject header or subject line. The deadline to submit your application is Wednesday, May 29, 2019 by 8:00am.
Carlington Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.
Please contact the Human Resources Coordinator to discuss any accommodation needs during the selection process.
We thank all applicants but regret that we can only contact those invited for an interview.