Bilingual Registered Nurse – Seniors Outreach
Temporary full-time position (35 hour per week)
Immediately until mid-September
Under the direction of the Primary Health Care (PHC) Program Director, and as a member of the PHC Team, the Registered Nurse – Primary Care Outreach to Seniors works collaboratively with the Seniors Outreach team to provide geriatric assessments and the provision of direct clinical service in the home and or community; health promotion activities such as group education advocacy; and case management. The incumbent works with a variety of community and internal partners, especially the PHC and Health Promotion and Counselling Teams.
As a non-profit organization, we are accountable to our community for providing quality care. For this reason, we can only consider applicants who clearly describe how their education, skills, and experience match each of the position requirements listed below in a separate 2 – 3 page attachment submitted with a résumé and cover letter.
- Undergraduate degree in nursing from a recognized university or combination of nursing diploma and additional relevant courses/training.
- Certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Additional training and experience working with seniors as well as other areas relevant to the Centre’s services.
- Three to five years nursing experience in a community setting or combination of community and hospital or public health settings; experience in a primary care setting, an asset.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in current nursing physical assessment and treatment methods.
- Experience in program development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a high stress environment.
- Interest and attitude in community based programming and service delivery.
- Sensitivity to the needs of the disadvantaged; experience serving multicultural groups.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications.
- Valid driver’s license, insurance and regular access to a vehicle for client transportation.
- Under Carlington’s designation to provide French Language Services, this position requires the following proficiency in the French language:
- French Oral Expression: Advanced +;
- French Oral Comprehension: Advanced +;
- French Reading: Intermediate
Salary: $31.63 – 37.21 per hour + 4% vacation pay
Send the three required application materials (cover letter, resumé, and attachment) quoting reference “RNSO PHC-14”. Deadline for applications is 12:30 pm on Tuesday, April 25, 2017. Address applications to the Human Resources Manager. Email email@example.com (in MS Word or PDF format, with name and reference # in the subject header); mail or drop off: Carlington CHC, 900 Merivale Rd. Ottawa, ON K1Z 5Z8.
We thank all applicants but regret that we can only contact those invited for an interview. Applications will be reviewed as we receive them and we may begin to contact candidates of interest before the due date.
If at any stage in the selection process you require an accommodation, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
Carlington Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.