Bilingual Coordinator of Volunteers – Temporary, Part-time
Temporary part-time position (17.5 hrs/wk)
June 2019 – September 2020
Under the direction of the Corporate Services Director, and as a member of the Corporate Services Team, the Coordinator of Volunteers is responsible for the overall effectiveness of volunteer services at Carlington by coordinating all aspects of the volunteer program.
As a non-profit organization, we are accountable to our community for providing quality care. For this reason, we can only consider applicants who clearly describe how their skills and experience match the above qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in a relevant discipline or equivalent combination of some post-secondary education and relevant work experience.
- Diploma or Certificate in Volunteer Management, or equivalent experience coordinating volunteers in a non-profit, community-based setting an asset.
- Two – four years full-time experience in all aspects of supervision of volunteers, group leadership, and working with volunteers in a social services or health care environment.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in a wide range of volunteer and / or human resource management areas such as recruitment and recognition & retention.
- Experience connecting with community groups and associations.
- Specific knowledge of the Carlington service area would be considered an asset.
- Experience and interest in working with marginalized and diverse clientele, such as low-income, high-needs, newcomer, and a variety of multicultural communities.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication, and customer-relations skills.
- High level of organizational and time management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary team demonstrating the ability to promote and model teamwork with a positive and co-operative attitude.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications, including social media, Microsoft Office programs and database software.
- This position is designated under Carlington’s French Language Services Plan:
- French Oral Expression: Advanced +
- French Oral Comprehension: Advanced +
- French Reading: Advanced +
- A third language relevant to our client population is an asset.
- Flexibility with hours of work and availability, including evenings and weekends if required.
Salary: $26.06 – $30.66 per hour + 4% vacation pay
If you are interested to apply, please forward application materials (cover letter, resume) to Brittany Bourdon, Human Resources Coordinator at Carlington Community Health Centre. Applications can be submitted by email to HR@carlington.ochc.org
Please quote job reference “CS-45” in subject header or subject line. The deadline to submit your application is Thursday, May 16, 2019 by 8:00am.
Carlington Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.
Please contact the Human Resources Coordinator to discuss any accommodation needs during the selection process.
We thank all applicants but regret that we can only contact those invited for an interview.