After School Program Staff (2 temporary part-time positions)
2 temporary part-time positions, After School Program Staff
Early September 2018 – June 2019
Under the direction of the Child and Youth Programs Coordinator, the After School Worker and After School Support Worker provide activities related to the after school programs. The efforts of the program are directed to supporting children aged 6 to 12 in their levels of physical activity and enjoyment of physical activity; knowledge of healthy food choices and ability to plan a healthy meal; resiliency, self-esteem, self-confidence; and homework and school-related projects.
As a non-profit organization, we are accountable to our community for providing quality care. For this reason, we can only consider applicants who clearly describe how their education, skills, and experience match each of the qualifications listed below in a separate, 2 – 3 page attachment submitted with a résumé and cover letter.
- High school diploma; related post-secondary education in progress.
- Experience providing after school programs for children and youth aged 6 to 12.
- Leadership training such as High Five, or other youth leadership program or equivalent experience and training, is required for the After School Worker (ASW) and an asset for the After School Support Worker (ASSW).
- A food handling course certificate is an asset.
- Experience working with low-income and high-needs children in a community setting, and with newcomers and multicultural populations.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and responsible individual committed to the healthy development of children.
- Familiar with Ontario Curriculum for Grades 1-8.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sensitivity to the needs of marginalized and diverse clientele.
- Ability to work in a computerized environment using the internet and email.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in French or another language relevant to our client population is an asset.
- CPR and First Aid certification required.
ASW: 21 hours / week, salary: $19.49 per hour + 4% vacation pay
ASSW: 9 hours / week, salary: $16.91 per hour + 4% vacation pay
Send the three required application materials (cover letter, resumé, and attachment) quoting reference “ASP PCYS-03W” and indicating whether you are applying for one or both positions. Deadline for applications is 12:45 pm on Tuesday, July 3, 2018. Address applications to the Human Resources Manager. Email firstname.lastname@example.org (in MS Word or PDF format, with name and reference # in the subject header); mail or drop off: Carlington CHC, 900 Merivale Rd. Ottawa, ON K1Z 5Z8.
Interviews will be held the week of July 9, 2018
We thank all applicants but regret that we can only contact those invited for an interview.
Please contact the Human Resources Manager to discuss any accommodation needs during the selection process.
Carlington Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.