Family Support Community Worker (FSCW) Annavale Nursery School
Family Support Community Worker (FSCW) Annavale
Regular Half-time position (17.5 hours per week)
The Family Support Community Worker operates community-based programmes and provides support services to parents and caregivers connected to the Annavale Nursery School using a community development approach, under the direction of the Parent-Child Team Program Director, and in consultation with Parent-Child Team members and community residents.
As a non-profit organization, we are accountable to our community for providing quality care. For this reason, we can only consider applicants who clearly describe how their education, skills, and experience match each of the qualifications listed below in a separate 2 – 3 page attachment submitted with a résumé and cover letter.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or social service work or another relevant discipline required; ECE an asset, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years full-time relevant experience providing supportive services to low income, multicultural families, and vulnerable families.
- Extensive knowledge of child development and behaviour management.
- Demonstrated understanding of family dynamics and issues relevant to working with low-income (multi-risks) parents/caregivers.
- In-depth and broad knowledge of community resources, especially family services and children’s resources in Ottawa.
- Experience and interest in working with marginalized and diverse clientele, such as low-income, high-needs, newcomer, and a variety of multicultural communities.
- Proficiency in current assessment, counselling, case management and crisis intervention techniques as related to providing supportive listening to clients
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and committed to the healthy development of children.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment; excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications, including Microsoft Office programs, client database software, and electronic record keeping in a client services setting.
- Fluency in English is required. A second language relevant to our client population is an asset.
- Valid CPR and First Aid.
$24.55– $28.88 per hour + regular benefits
Send the three required application documents (cover letter, resumé, and attachment) quoting reference “FSCWA PC-50W”. Deadline for applications is 3:30 pm on Friday, March 3, 2017. Address applications to the Director of the Parent-Child Program. Email email@example.com (in MS Word or PDF format, with name and reference # in the subject header); mail or drop off: Carlington CHC, 900 Merivale Rd. Ottawa, ON K1Z 5Z8.
We thank all applicants but regret that we can only contact those to be invited for an interview.
If at any stage in the selection process you require an accommodation, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
Carlington Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer who values the diversity of individuals in our programs and services.