After School Program Workers
2 positions for After School Program Workers
Two temporary part-time positions
Tues / Wed / Thurs, 2:30 – 5:30 pm
Early September 2017 – end of June 2018
Under the direction of the Health Promotion and Counselling Team (HPCT) Program Director, and as a member of the HPCT, the After School Program Workers (ASPW) provides activities related to the After School Program. The efforts of the ASPW are directed to increasing in children aged 9 to 12 their levels of physical activity and enjoyment of physical activity; their knowledge of healthy food choices and ability to plan a healthy meal; and their resiliency, self-esteem, and self-confidence
As a non-profit organization, we are accountable to our community for providing quality care. For this reason, we can only consider applicants who clearly describe how their education, skills, and experience match each of the qualifications listed below in a separate 2 – 3 page attachment submitted with a résumé and cover letter.
- High school diploma; related post-secondary education in progress.
- Experience providing after school programs for youth aged 9 to 12.
- Leadership training such as Beyond Basketball, High Five, etc., an asset
- Experience working with low-income children in a community setting, and with newcomers and multicultural populations
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and responsible individual committed to the healthy development of children.
- Familiar with Ontario Curriculum for Grades 3-6
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a computerized environment using the internet and email.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in French or another language relevant to our client population is an asset.
- CPR and First Aid certification an asset
ASPW 2: 14 hours / week, salary: $19.49 per hour + 4% vacation pay (includes program planning)
ASPW 1: Nine (9) hours / week, salary: $16.91 per hour + 4% vacation pay
Send the three required application materials (cover letter, resumé, and attachment) quoting reference “ASPW HPCT-55W” and indicating if you are interested in one or both positions. Deadline for applications is 12:45 pm on Wednesday, July 19, 2017. Address applications to the Human Resources Manager. Email email@example.com (in MS Word or PDF format, with name and reference # in the subject header); mail or drop off: Carlington CHC, 900 Merivale Rd. Ottawa, ON K1Z 5Z8.
We thank all applicants but regret that we can only contact those invited for an interview.
Interviews will be held on August 7, 2017.
Carlington is committed to employment equity. Please contact the Human Resources Manager to discuss any accommodation needs during the selection process.