Carlington Community Health Centre helps individuals take control of their personal health, and works to improve the health and wellbeing of our community as a whole. The Centre provides a wide range of health, mental health and addictions services to parents and children, youth and teens, and seniors. We deliver these services through workshops, drops-ins, support groups, community meetings, training, outreach, counselling, and education programs.
The Centre also helps Carlington residents resolve problems and advance concerns in the community by providing organizational support and advocacy assistance to local groups and associations.
In addition to our main office, we provide services at outreach locations including: Bellevue, Carleton Heights, and Scott Hill/Van Lang.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The medical clinic will be closed from 12:00 p.m. Friday, October 23, 2020 to 9:00 a.m. Tuesday, October 27, 2020 for the move to our new space.
On Monday, October 26, 2020, there will be limited access to the Centre and limited programs
Thank you for your patience and understanding!
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO CLIENTS ABOUT CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
If you have the symptoms of COVID 19, including fever, cough or difficulty breathing, DO NOT COME TO THE CENTRE. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER OR OTTAWA PUBLIC HEALTH at 613-580-6744 or 1-866-797-0000 for advice on what you should do. For more information, visit the Ottawa Public Health website at Ottawa Public Health.
EFFECTIVE JULY 7, 2020 A MASK OR FACE COVERING IS REQUIRED TO ENTER CARLINGTON COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTRE. All persons entering or remaining in our premises must wear a mask that securely covers the nose, mouth, and chin as required by the Medical Officer of Health under the authority of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act (EMCPA) Ontario Regulation 263/20
At Carlington CHC, the health and safety of our clients, staff and community are of utmost importance. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we make necessary changes during this pandemic.
- Centre’s hours of operation until further notice: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m.
- Medical Clinic hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Closed daily for lunch from 11:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- We have enhanced cleaning beyond our already stringent cleaning procedures.
- Staff who are ill are required to stay at home.
- Entrance to the Centre is restricted to people with confirmed appointments and to those in need of emergency support from Intake.
- After entering, clients are required to clean their hands and put on a surgical mask. They are then screened by staff in protective clothing asking a series questions.
- Staff providing direct service to clients also wear protective equipment.
- Community Support Line